LOGIC, n. The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding. The basic of logic is the syllogism, consisting of a major and a minor premise and a conclusion–thus:
Major Premise: Sixty men can do a piece of work sixty times as quickly as one man.
Minor Premise: One man can dig a posthole in sixty seconds; therefore–
Conclusion: Sixty men can dig a posthole in one second.
This may be called the syllogism arithmetical, in which, by combining logic and mathematics, we obtain a double certainty and are twice blessed.
- Invited for dinner wp.me/pB8jz-1V9 16 hours ago
- Can this be right? wp.me/pB8jz-1V2 16 hours ago
- She's our... wp.me/pB8jz-1UZ 1 day ago
- Le Marché Paysan de Coustellet wp.me/pB8jz-1UT 1 day ago
- You know you're in France.... wp.me/pB8jz-1UJ 1 day ago
- A day in Airheads Art A shitload of postcards Away Bad joke alert Baffling me with science Bastards Bloody hell Brain farts Cousin Dave strikes again Don't ask me Economics Geriatric rantings I'm very sorry about this It must be me Mixtape Music Photography Politics This is America This is Nelson This is New Zealand This is the life Too good to miss True stories Tunes for a Tuesday Uncategorized WTF Yum