Röyksopp? The Avalanches? Soulwax?
All good stuff and if it hadn’t been for Nick Hornby, I’d be richer financially and poorer musically.
And I hadn’t bought a Patti Smith album at that stage. And I wouldn’t have discovered “Hey Joe” with her Patti Hearst monologue
“You know what your Daddy said, Patty? He said… he said… he said…Sixty days ago ago she was such a lovely child. And here she is with a gun in her hand”
26. Needle In A Haystack – The Velvelettes – Nick Hornby/31 Songs
27. Let´s Straighten It Out – O.V. Wright – The Complete O.V. Wright On Hi Records, Volume 1: In The Studio (Disc 1)
28. Röyksopp’s Night Out – Röyksopp – Melody A.M.
29. Frontier Psychiatrist – The Avalanches – Nick Hornby/31 Songs
30. Push It Like A Dog (Soulwax Remix) – The Stooges Vs Salt N’ Pepa – As Heard On Radio Soulwax Pt. 1
31. Pissing in a River – The Patti Smith Group – Radio Ethiopia
And this is the end, my friend.
If you haven’t bought the book yet – bollocks.